Universal Audio is proud to announce the release of UAD Software v8.3, featuring the AKG BX 20 Spring Reverb plug-in.
Introduced in the late 1960s, the AKG BX 20 spring reverb was a high-water mark for AKG’s esteemed engineers. An ingenious assembly of mechanical and electronic componentry, the BX 20 offered the glorious depth and color of spring reverb without any of the limitations.
The AKG BX 20 Spring Reverb plug-in for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces is exclusively endorsed by AKG Acoustics, Austria. Unlike other spring reverb emulations, Universal Audio's hybrid delay network/convolution design provides the only plug-in representation of this mechanically controllable, acoustic ambience system. To that end, UA obsessively emulated a “golden unit” BX 20 from legendary producer, Jon Brion.
In addition, the AKG BX 20 plug-in features a bevy of “plug-in only” controls for modern DAW workflows, and presets from famous AKG BX 20 users, including Patrick Carney (Black Keys), Vance Powell (Jack White), Jacquire King (Kings of Leon), and more.
AKG BX 20 Spring Reverb Plug-In Key Features:
- Exclusively licensed and endorsed by AKG Acoustics, designed by Universal Audio
- Models the BX 20's famous dual tank TTL (Torsion Transmission Line) reverb unit and R20 Decay remote control
- Dark and dense spring ambience for reverb buses or individual sources
- Features original dual spring tank configuration, plus "Mk II" stereoized A/B Tank Select, Direct signal defeat, and BX 10 Tone controls
- "Digital Only" features include Decay, Volume and Pan, Link, Dry/Wet blend, Predelay, and Low Cut Filter
- Features artist presets from Patrick Carney (Black Keys), Vance Powell (Jack White), Jacquire King (Kings of Leon), and more
- Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator or Apollo Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide