"The MD-CD1 is the latest example of a problem-solving product from TASCAM," explains Jim Mack, Division Manager for TASCAM. "Our CC-222mkII has been a big success, combining CD and cassette recording into one unit. The MD-CD1 is a similar multi-media component from TASCAM, for installations that don't have the rackspace for multiple devices. Together with the MD-350, these are currently the only rackmount MiniDisc players available anywhere."
New from TASCAM, the MD-CD1 combines CD playback and MiniDisc recording in a single rackmount unit designed to save rack space and installation budgets. Like all of TASCAM's products designed for fixed installation, the MD-CD1 is a reliable player designed for years of trouble-free use. The unit is stocked with features, such as 12% pitch control, MP3 CD playback, RS-232 control and an optional balanced I/O board that allow it to be spec'd into a wide variety of applications.
The TASCAM MD-CD1 has a host of professional features like RS-232 control, digital I/O and an optional I/O board for balanced interfacing. CDs can be played back at up to 12% higher or lower, and can even be played back faster without changing the pitch for a "chipmunk" effect. Discs can be duplicated from CD to MiniDisc at up to 4x speed, and a wireless IR remote is included.
- MP3 file playback / ID3 tag display
- +/-16% pitch control
- Change Tempo without affecting the KEY
- Dedicated Digital & Analog outputs
- Transport control with PS/2 Keyboard
- Supports ST, MONO, LP2, and LP4 mode (REC/PLAY)
- Edit function
- Overwrite recording
- +/-12.5% pitch control
- Dedicated Digital I/O (optical) and analog I/O (RCA)
- PS/2 Keyboard input for title input and external control
- 4 x speed duplication
- MD-CD continuous playback
- Wireless IR remote controller
- RS-232C serial control
- Optional balanced I/O board (LA-MC1)
- 2U rackmountable form factor
For more information visit www.tascam.com.