Developed in partnership with the IRCAM research institution, Brass is designed with real-time performance in mind, providing control over multiple parameters to enable realistic performances.
In "Live" mode, Brass is a ready-to-play instrument. Create your instrument (try an instrument made of wood, or add a mute) or choose a preset, assign MIDI controllers to the various parameters you want to control, and play.
There's also "Riff" mode, intended to simplify the process of creating instrument runs. A library of musical phrases in included which can be tweaked and then triggered by a sequencer or MIDI keyboard. The tempo will synchronize with a host and the riffs can be edited in real-time.
- Three instruments available : Trumpet, Saxophone, Trombone
- 8 parameters to control the instruments in real time
- Pitch (for legatos, falls or expressivity)
- Timbre of the instruments
- Noise amount in the instrument sound
- Position of the instrument toward the microphone
- Mute (for trumpet and trombone)
- Total MIDI control of each parameter through powerful settings, control sense and hardness
- Independent automation of each parameter via a dedicated control window ?
- Instruments Configuration options : 4 attack and 4 vibrato types, material, humanization
- More than 1000 riff presets in all music styles
- Easy and fast searching of riffs with the preset explorer
- Up to 4 simultaneous instruments in a riff
- Editable length, tempo and tune of each riff
- Riff editing with the zoomable piano roll and independent parameter editing
- Powerful editing options : solo, mute, 8 drawing tools
- Import and export riff presets from and to MIDI files
- Live playing of several riffs with the keyboard
- Chorus mode for all instruments, up to 4 instruments unison section
- Spatialization of the instruments in a configurable room
Brass will be available for Mac OS X and Windows, supporting standalone operation and multiple plug-in formats: VST, DXi, RTAS, HTDM, and Audio Units.
For more information, visit their web site at www.arturia.com.