Overloud’s Sculptube processor adds realistically simulated valve-produced harmonics to your sound. Its authentic tube coloration ranges from slightly warmed-up tones to heavy distortions.
Key Sculptube features:
- Hyper-realistic simulation of tube warming/distortion, thanks to Overloud's 4th generation DSP technology
- Triode and Pentode simulation
- Tube biasing control
- Built-in EQ and parallel processing to sculpt the tone
- Low CPU usage: more than 1,500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel Undo/Redo
- A/B comparison
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plug-in panel
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensitivities
Overloud's Sculptube is a versatile tool and lets you build a wide variety of analog tones. You can warm up tracks with analog coloration, create tube distortion, and excite your sound by adding natural tube harmonics. By adjusting the drive and bias of the tubes, Sculptube recreates amazing analog tones so you can control the amount of distortion to fit your sound. With three different tube configurations, Sculptube helps you get the warm, rich analog sound your tracks need.
The magic of tube biasing
The Bias knob controls the amount of current through the tubes.
- At low current the tubes are under-biased and the sound is inclined to be thinner and break up easily.
- At medium current settings Sculptube distorts the least, perfect if you just want to warm up a sound.
- At high current, the tubes are over-fed and the tone becomes fat and rich.
Three tones in one processor
Warm Up—With mild Drive settings you can recreate an authentic analog coloration to individual tracks or mixes.
Distort—Sculptube can be used to overdrive the input and recreate different kinds of tube distortions, including Triode and Pentode curves.
Excite—Thanks to Sculptube’s built-in EQ and parallel processor, Excite will revive your tracks by adding natural harmonics in the upper-end of the frequency spectrum.
Three tube configurations at your fingertips
There are distortion types:
- Program 0 (Triode) creates the typical musical effect found with triode valves, with very rich 2nd harmonic distortion. Good for warming up a sound.
- Program 1 (Pentode) creates a Pentode distortion, with prevailing odd harmonics which makes the sound more aggressive while retaining that classic valve character.
- Program 2 (Special) is obtained using an unusual way of configuring the valve, which gives an extra octave at higher bias settings
Overloud, an Almateq brand, is based in Modena, Italy. The company's mission is to produce state-of-the-art software and hardware tools for musicians. Overloud is developing innovative signal processing technologies, based on several years of research in the audio DSP field. Overloud products feature intuitive and lifelike user interfaces making them very easy to use.