Powerful 8-Channel Module is Designed to Serve as the Central Engine of a Eurorack Sampling System
(Berlin, Germany, March 30, 2016) -- Rossum Electro-Music has chosen the occasion of SUPERBOOTH16 in Berlin, Germany to announce the development of their ASSIMIL8OR Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler module for Eurorack synthesizers. Building on Dave Rossum's decades-long pioneering of affordable professional sampling technology, ASSIMIL8OR is designed to provide a powerful, flexible sampling engine for modular synthesis.
ASSIMIL8OR provides eight independent channels of sampling with sound quality that can range from extremely hi-fi to low fi, all with extensive real-time CV control.
Key ASSIMIL8OR features will include:
- Eight-channel multi-timbral operation. Each channel will be available from its own independent output as well as appearing in the stereo mix output.
- Mono or stereo sampling. Channels can be configured as eight mono voices, four stereo voices, or any combination (well, any combination that adds up to eight).
- Superb 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion.
- Unique timbral capabilities created by the ability to phase modulate samples by external analog signals or by other samples.
- Variable sample fidelity with selectable sample rate and bit depth.
- Real-time CV control of bit depth.
- Extensive sample manipulation and looping capabilities.
- Sample scrubbing under CV control.
- One-shot or gated sample playback with variable release time in gated mode.
- Gate/trigger input and CV inputs for each sample that can be assigned independently for each channel to virtually any sample parameter. Examples include:
- Bit Depth
- Phase Modulation
- Sample Start
- Sample Length
- Loop Start
- Loop Length
- Release Decay (for gated sounds)
- A front panel accessible SD card for sample and preset storage.
- And a lot more...
ASSIMIL8OR will be available this Fall from Rossum Electro-Music dealers worldwide. Additional details will be available as release approaches.
More ASSIMIL8OR information can be found at the Rossum Electro-Music web site: http://www.rossum-electro.com/products/assimil8or/
About Rossum Electro-Music
Rossum Electro-Music creates uniquely powerful tools for electronic music production. Driven by the creative and technological vision of electronic music pioneer Dave Rossum, Rossum Electro-Music is the culmination of Dave's 45 years of designing industry-defining instruments and transformative technologies. Today, Dave and Rossum Electro-Music are building on that 45 year history to bring a new level of creativity, innovation, and quality to the electronic musicians, producers and sound designers of the 21st century.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.rossum-electro.com