Welcome to Trailer Xpressions II: The Boom Experience, pushing scoring and sound design to powerful new places. Sample Logic is proud to present the follow up to their wildly successful Trailer Xpressions library with this collection that takes things in a whole new direction and new and exciting global and independent features! Sample Logic has teamed up with the world leading SFX designer “Boom Library” to fuel TXII. This award-winning sound design development team has created samples for thousands of hard-hitting trailers, bone-crunching blockbusters and scintillating scores over many years and now they are lending their talents and remarkable collection of sounds to the Sample Logic team for an exclusive collaboration.
OVER 1,700 BREATHTAKING SOUNDS
Recorded and delivered at the superior fidelity of 96khz, 24-bit quality, Trailer Xpressions II (TXII) contains over 1,775 sampled sounds that have been intuitively programmed into 47 instruments and organized into ready-made construction kits. That means it takes just seconds, not hours, to find the perfect sound for any trailer or hybrid track. With samples derived from instruments, field recordings, vehicles and many other sources - all processed with Boom’s usual flair for sonic perfection, this product squarely defines the Sample Logic mission to “blur the line between music and sound design”. Selected for TXII are only the most detailed atmospheres and drones for suspenseful scoring and risers and stingers that will have listeners on the edge of their seat. The brams will blow woofers to pieces, and the spine-tingling scrapes will terrify any moviegoer. With powerful whooshes, reverses and hits, this toolkit is the premier virtual instrument for gut-wrenching action impacts and badass trailer slams!
CURATED SAMPLES FROM THE BOOM LIBRARY VAULT
After months of meticulous research and auditioning all of the fantastic sounds available in Boom’s archives, Sample Logic has handpicked a selection of the most incredible trailer sounds ever designed. These are not just any old SFX samples, but a curated collection of “gold standard” sounds especially chosen to be versatile, flexible and work perfectly with one another.
50% BOOM LIBRARY SAMPLES + 50% SAMPLE LOGIC VIRTUAL INSTRUMENT = 100% GOODNESS
Most trailer sound products and albums require that each sound is licensed on a per use basis and often are only available as raw audio files, leaving end users on their own to crop and manipulate the sounds before they can even be used. With Trailer Xpressions II, the goal was to simplify the creative process by delivering the best of both worlds, a sound library of license-free insanely expressive audio files produced by Boom Library and a dynamic virtual instrument developed by Sample Logic. Ownership of TXII grants a lifetime license for the use of all of its contents. No future licensing or
royalty fees are required. In this way, TXII delivers a world-class product that provides amazing trailer sounds with the flexibility and creative ease to suit anyone’s workflow. In addition to the construction kit virtual instruments (with a UI designed for morphing and sculpting), TXII provides direct access to the raw audio files that drive the instruments. These audio files are delivered in .wav format and can be directly imported into any DAW. Each audio file name is indicated right inside the virtual instrument interface, so as they are played, an info text is displayed in the GUI to indicate the sound file folder location.
TXII contains sounds from the following commercial Boom Library products:
- CINEMATIC HITS
- CINEMATIC METAL
- CINEMATIC TRAILERS DESIGNED
- DESTRUCTION DESIGNED
- CINEMATIC HORROR DESIGNED
In addition to these sounds, over 500 never-before-heard sounds have been selected explicitly from BOOM’s private vault of unpublished sounds.
THE TXII INTERFACE: POTENT & STRESS-FREE CONTROLS
Developed for the industry-standard Native Instruments Kontakt sampler, Trailer Xpressions II has been intuitively scripted. Through in-depth research and extended focus groups with leading trailer and film composers, Sample Logic was able to decode, define, and implement the core set of interface controls that musicians want, use and require. This includes:
- All new Global and Independent Modes for user interface parameters
- Master hi-cut and lo-cut filters to easily shape the overall mix
- Waveform view that displays the sample being performed
- Adjustable sample start slider to change the start point of sample playback
- Attack and release knobs to adjust the gain envelope over time
- Pitch slider that can transpose up/down 1 octave
- Delay module with presets
- Convolution section with over 25 different convolution reverbs
- New for TXII, is Global and Independent Modes for controlling how the user interface parameter controls are applied to each key/note pressed. This allows each sample to posses it’s own independent parameters and controls (all user customizable), or all samples to be affected at once and the same. Along with all of these indispensable effects and parameters, Sample Logic specifically designed customized mastering effects for the Trailer Xpressions series called “Energizer” and “Polisher” – multiprocessor effects for dynamic and dramatic sound shaping.
- The Energizer brings an edge to the sounds, while Polisher adds a final enhanced sparkle. All of these global controls can quickly be assigned to an external MIDI controller and are an integral part of the UI. Of course one of this would be complete without an easy way to access favorite sounds. While playing a key, pressing the heart button will earmark favorites within each construction kit. Doing so will make each sample’s key on the keymap light up red. The instrument will recall the sounds every time a new instance is loaded.
TRAILER XPRESSIONS AT A GLANCE
• Contains 47 Kontakt cinematic construction kit Instruments
• 1,775 audio files in .wav format at 96kHz/24 bit
• 9GB sample library
• Global and Independent Modes for user interface parameters
• MIDI controllable user interface to morph, tweak, and favorite sounds
• Lifetime user license to use the sounds on any production
Trailer Xpressions II includes 47 multi sample instruments, 1,775 samples, resulting in a 9GB sample library. All samples are delivered at 96kHz/24-bit.
- Requires the full retail version of Kontakt, version 5.7 or higher (Will not work in the free Kontakt Player)
- Mac OS X 10.10 or greater, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM (6GB recommended)
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2, 4 GB RAM (6GB recommended)
- 9GB free disk space for Trailer Xpressions II library and sample content
- Only available as a download
COMPATIBILITY (Mac 64-bit only; Windows 32/64-bit)
• Audio Units
Kontakt is continuously being updated. For the latest system compatibilities visit the Native Instruments website.