The newest member in the SPL audio interface/monitor controller family is now available in stores. The SPL Creon combines a high-performance USB Interface and analog monitor controller in one single unit. It features the same premium converters and characteristics as the bigger SPL Crimson. However, it has been optimized to accommodate for the needs of small home and project studios. Thus, the Creon was basically conceived as a two-channel AD/DA interface. The built-in instrument preamp and two microphone preamps, together with the line inputs, allow the user to amplify, monitor and convert all sorts of signals and record them with a DAW. Further, the comprehensive analog monitor controller features enable the recorded signal to be monitored without any latency, while at the same time compare it with other analog sources, thanks to the second source input. Apart from the AD/DA converters and USB port, all other functions can be used in standalone mode. The Monitor-Mix knob makes it possible to intuitively mix the corresponding signals and listen to them through headphones or speakers. To top it off, the thrifty price makes it now possible for desktop studios to enjoy the well-known SPL quality without breaking the bank.
Creon is available in black (Model 1410) and white (Model 1412).
Both models share the exact same technical specs:
- 2 original SPL discrete mic preamplifiers
- Instrument preamplifier with +22 dBu of headroom
- 2 balanced line inputs
- 2-channel USB Interface with 24Bit/192kHz converter
- Class-2 compliant driver for iPad recording/monitoring (hot-plugging without the need to restart)
- Separate headphone amplifier
- Stereo speaker output
- Apt for play-along and monitoring without a DAW
- Latency-free, high-quality analog monitoring
- 34V operating voltage for professional levels up to +22 dBu
- Pro-level boost for consumer electronics
- Very low jitter due to FMCTM (Fixed-Master-Clock)
- No sample rate conversion or clock recovery for true 1:1 audio
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (480MBit/s)
- Windows XP/7/8/10 (32 & 64 bit), Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, iOS 6 or higher
- No SPL drivers for MAC OSX required
- Made in Germany
- HxWxD: 2.64 x 13 x 8.34 inches (67 x 330 x 212 mm)
- Weight: 5.95lbs (2.7kg), without external PSU
MSRP (including 19% German VAT): 479 euros
For more information about the SPL Creon visit http://creon.spl.info.
SPL has been developing and manufacturing analog and digital audio gear for the music, film, multimedia, and broadcasting industries since 1984. SPL products are respected worldwide for their innovative approach and user-friendliness, but most of all for their outstanding performance.
Among SPL's most celebrated developments are the patented Vitalizer® sound-optimization processing, the first-ever level-independent dynamic processor known as the Transient Designer, the 5.1 microphone system Atmos, as well as compact monitor controllers and channel strips.
The development of the SUPRA op amps by SPL allowed analog signal processing to outperform the best digital processing in terms of quality. These op amps, which make use of the unsurpassed 120-volt technology, were first used on the MMC mastering console. Ever since, the 120-volt technology has become a quality trademark of SPL products, including the Phonitor headphone amplifiers. More recently, SPL stormed the USB and MADI audio-Interface market with the introduction of the Crimson and Madison interfaces.
Its collaboration with German company Brainworx resulted in the Analog Code® plug-Ins, which translate to the digital realm the same quality expected from all SPL products. This relationship has led SPL to become a member of the Plugin Alliance.
With the Car Vitalizer app, SPL entered the smartphone market and redefined the concept of audio enhancement inside a car ─ without the need of any additional hardware or expertise. This know-how has allowed SPL to license its technology to major players in the auto industry.
SPL — Musiktechnik Made in Germany
For more information, visit spl.info.