The newest member in the SPL Phonitor family, the Phonitor mini, is now available in stores. The Phonitor mini features at its core the exact same 120-volt technology as the Phonitor2, the brand's flagship headphones amplifier, which provides for superior technical specifications and a premium-quality sound. At the same time, the unique Phonitor Matrix enables an authentic music reproduction with headphones.
According to SPL, the Phonitor mini can be used in any situation and environment where there is a need for professional sound quality, from home and project studios to big orchestra recordings and live applications, besides being ideally suited for hi-fi and audio enthusiasts.
- The Phonitor mini combines the new technical and sonic standards of the Phonitor 2 with a compact, competitively priced design
- Optimally suited for all dynamic headphones from 10 Ohms
- Mount-stand compatible with VESA adapter
- Ideal for mobile applications
Phonitor mini in numbers:
Dimensions & Weight
- Height x width x depth: 44 x 144 x 257 mm (1.72" x 5.76" x 10.12")
- Weight: 2.03 kg / 4.48 lbs
- Voltage: 230 V AC, 50 Hz / 115 V AC, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 15 W max.
- Fuse: 100-120 V AC: T 1 A / 220-240 V AC: T 500 mA
- XLR Connectors, electronically balanced
- Impedance: balanced approx. 20 kΩ, unbalanced approx. 10 kΩ
- Max. Input Level: +32.5 dBu
- Balanced RCA connecteors
- Impedance: approx. 10 kΩ
- Max. Input Level: +20 dBu
- 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS connector
- Pin Wiring: Tip = left, Ring = right, Sleeve = ground
- Impedance: 0.18 Ω
- Attenuation Factor: 180 at 40 ohms
- Frequency Range: < 10 Hz to > 300 kHz (-3 dB)
- CMR: -88 dB at 1 kHz
- Crosstalk: -80 dB at 1 kHz
- THD+N: 0.00052% at 0dBu input level and unity gain, 1 kHz, 100 kOhm load
- Unweighted Noise: -100 dB
- A-Weighted Noise: -103 dB
- CCIR: -94 dB
- Dynamic Range, unweighted: 133.62 dB
Max. Output Level
- 2 x 1W (+30dBu) at 1 kHz, 600Ω
- 2 x 2W (+30dBu) at 1 kHz, 300Ω
MSRP: 649 euros
SPL has been developing and manufacturing analog and digital audio gear for the music, film, multimedia, and broadcasting industries since 1984. SPL products are respected worldwide for their innovative approach and user-friendliness, but most of all for their outstanding performance.
Among SPL's most celebrated developments are the patented Vitalizer® sound-optimization processing, the first-ever level-independent dynamic processor known as the Transient Designer, the 5.1 microphone system Atmos, as well as compact monitor controllers and channel strips.
The development of the SUPRA op amps by SPL allowed analog signal processing to outperform the best digital processing in terms of quality. These op amps, which make use of the unsurpassed 120-volt technology, were first used on the MMC mastering console. Ever since, the 120-volt technology has become a quality trademark of SPL products, including the Phonitor headphone amplifiers. More recently, SPL stormed the USB and MADI audio-Interface market with the introduction of the Crimson and Madison interfaces.
Its collaboration with German company Brainworx resulted in the Analog Code® plug-Ins, which translate to the digital realm the same quality expected from all SPL products. This relationship has led SPL to become a member of the Plugin Alliance.
With the Car Vitalizer app, SPL entered the smartphone market and redefined the concept of audio enhancement inside a car ─ without the need of any additional hardware or expertise. This know-how has allowed SPL to license its technology to major players in the auto industry.
SPL — Musiktechnik Made in Germany
For more information, visit spl.info