Steinberg release new version of their award-winning audio post-production software, including seamless integration with Audiokinetic Wwise middleware, in-built re-conforming solution for audio-to-picture post work, VCA fader support, advanced project collaboration tools, brand-new rendering options and much more
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today released the highly anticipated seventh iteration of Nuendo, the advanced audio post-production system that offers dedicated tools and capabilities for movie and television audio post-production companies and video game sound designers.
Since announcing the major update at this year’s Game Developers Conference, expectations have been running high as to what new features and enhancements the new release holds. The advent of Nuendo 7 has seen further showcases held at international trade shows as well as workshops that Steinberg is hosting in more than 25 countries until the end of the year.
Introduced in the millennial year, Nuendo has undergone an unswerving development to benefit from native processing technologies and offer a flexible working environment highly regarded by many professionals. Its bespoke audio and surround tools cater to the requirements of the audio post-production industry, making Nuendo the centerpiece of many studio facilities around the world. Based on the growing demand from the game industry, the time has now come for Nuendo to extend its scope of application to game audio.
Nuendo 7 introduces Game Audio Connect that allows for direct transfer of audio assets to the Wwise audio middleware solution by Audiokinetic. For sound designers and those dealing with a large number of audio files: the new Render Export feature exports selected audio files to a specified destination, while Render In Place bounces tracks conveniently within the project.
Sound editors will appreciate ReConform, which follows changes in picture edits and automatically amends the audio projects appropriately. New to Nuendo 7, the VCA faders assist in creating complex mixes for film and TV projects, facilitating advanced automation workflows by merging the automation curve of a VCA fader with the automation curve of a controlled fader or fader groups. Editing enhancements include frame rate support of 50 FPS and a new timecode entering scheme and automation curves which follow the trimming of events. The redesigned Track List and Inspector delivers improved legibility while the new VST Rack Zone provides dedicated real estate for MediaBay and the VST Instrument Rack within the project window.
Senior marketing manager at Steinberg, Timo Wildenhain, comments: “These are exciting times for us. The response to Nuendo 7, especially in the game audio industry, has been overwhelming ever since we first touched down at this year’s GDC. We can only implore you to take part in one of the many Nuendo 7 World Tour workshops we have planned for this year in order to grasp the entirety of Nuendo and its latest feature set.”
The optional Nuendo Expansion Kit (NEK) 7 comprises features that turn Nuendo into a full-fledged composing application. Included is the Chord Pads feature that allows chords to be triggered via a MIDI controller while adjusting parameters in real time, plus the new circle of 5ths and Proximity Chord Assistant modes as well as the Groove Agent SE 4 Acoustic Agent with great-sounding content and patterns.
Visit www.steinberg.net/nuendo for details on Nuendo services and solutions.
Refer to www.steinberg.net/nuendo7worldtour for the current schedule on Nuendo 7 workshops.
Availability and pricing
The Nuendo 7 full retail version is available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The street price for Nuendo 7 is $1,800. It will be available in the United States in early July 2015.
The Nuendo Expansion Kit (NEK) 7 is available through the Steinberg Online Shop for $150.
Various downloadable updates are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Customers who have activated Nuendo 6.5 or previous versions since April 20, 2015, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version
- The world’s most innovative audio post-production environment, featuring industry-leading tools for TV, film, advertising and game audio productions
- World-class mixing console with up to 13.1 support, including Channel Strip, automatable mix buses, VCA fader support and a fully integrated loudness measurement and processing toolset
- ReConform: Integrated re-conforming solution for automatic audio-to-picture alignment, including preview functions
- Game Audio Connect provides a direct connection with the Audiokinetic Wwise game audio middleware, including integration with Perforce
- Professional ADR taker and foley solution for voice and foley recording, including video (text) overlay
- Advanced multitrack audio-to-picture editing, providing the best audio editing environment to date, including TrackVersion playlists and video-follows-audio editing
- Automated Batch Export for exporting several versions of a mix in one go, including many user-definable attributes
- Cutting-edge plug-in collection features more than 70 high-class VST 3 plug-ins, including EQs, reverbs, surround panners, compressors and more
- State-of-the-art post-production environment comes with MediaBay content management, monitoring matrix, a superior automation system for film and TV production plus networking capabilities
- Full system integration with the Yamaha Nuage post-production system, seamless connection to the Nuendo SyncStation synchronizer and EuCon support
U.S. Press contact
About Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Steinberg is known the world over for its music and audio software and hardware solutions. The company has been developing, manufacturing and selling innovative products for musicians and producers in the music, film, post production and multimedia industries since 1984. Steinberg products are used by Grammy and Oscar award-winning composers, engineers and producers. The company also offers business customers license-management and copy-protection systems.
Visit www.steinberg.net for further details.
All trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective owners.