SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc. today announced the release of Capo touch—the iOS version of the company’s award-winning Mac app for learning to play songs in your iTunes library faster and more accurately. Capo touch features Chord Intelligence—now also available on the Mac with Capo 3.1—that delivers improved chord detection accuracy and a wider chord detection vocabulary.
What's New in Capo touch?
• Fully automatic chord detection with Capo's brand new Chord Intelligence engine
• Guitar chord box display with quick selection of alternate ways to play a chord
• Automatic beat detection with bar/beat display for easy region looping and metronome count-off for practice
• Seamless integration with iTunes to access your music library
• Landscape view, easy scrolling, touch zooming, and other user interface improvements
• Independent speed and pitch controls to listen to fast licks slowly or change the key of any song
• Excellent sound quality even when played considerably slower
• iCloud Sync between all your devices (Mac and iOS)
“Guitarists and other musicians who want to learn new songs quickly and easily while on the go will simply love Capo touch for iOS,” said Chris Liscio, president, SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc. "Given the success we had with Capo 3 on the Mac, we were able to invest further in the R&D to build Chord Intelligence—our breakthrough new chord detection engine based on the principles of speech recognition and machine learning. We're pleased to make it available today for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.”
Capo touch offers musicians the same power and versatility they have on the Mac with Capo 3 in an even more portable design. The app features the essential tools of instantly importing a song from your iTunes library, automatically detecting its chords, and showing how to play them using helpful guitar chord boxes. It can slow down the tempo without changing pitch while you learn, and transpose the song to any key with a simple pitch slider. Optional metronome, looping, EQ and "karaoke-style" voice reduction make Capo 3 and now Capo touch valuable tools for musicians whether in the studio, rehearsal or on tour.
About SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc.
SuperMegaUltraGroovy, Inc. is an experienced, innovative, research-driven software developer that creates award-winning, valuable Mac and iOS apps for musicians and music industry professionals who want the best tools available to analyze audio and learn music faster and better. For more information, please visit http://supermegaultragroovy.com.