Affordable Solid State Recorder Features Mic Preamps
TASCAM’s has announced the SD-20M, a simple-to-use solid-state recorder at a breakthrough price. The 1U rackmount includes a pair of microphone preamps with phantom power for direct microphone recording. Both the mic inputs and line inputs can be recorded simultaneously in four-channel mode. The dual recording mode captures a copy of your audio at a lower level, as insurance against distorted takes.
The SD-20M includes a battery backup system – AA batteries can keep recording for hours in case of power loss. A wired remote or footswitch can be attached to control recording and playback. Variable speed playback allows the playback to be changed without affecting the pitch.
Designed for installations like schools, house of worship, and conferences, the TASCAM SD-20M is a flexible, affordable solution for long-form recording.
- Four-channel solid-state recorder
- Two microphone inputs with phantom power on XLR - 1⁄4" combo jacks
- RCA stereo line inputs and outputs
- WAV or MP3 recording formats supported
- AA battery backup – keeps recording even after power loss
- SDXC media slot supports up to 128GB cards
- File divide feature
- Dual recording function records a copy of your audio at a lower level for a distortion-proof safety track
- Variable speed playback changes speed without changing the pitch
- Simple user interface
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- Remote jack for wired or footswitch control
Preliminary Information – Specifications subject to change without notice
SD-20M: $249.99 estimated street price
Available May, 2016
More information on the TASCAM.com website
TASCAM is the professional audio division of TEAC Corporation and produces the most comprehensive line of audio recorders, mixers and related equipment in the pro audio industry. TASCAM has offices in the U.S., Germany, Japan, Mexico and Latin America. For additional information, contact:
TASCAM • 1834 Gage Road • Montebello, CA 90640 USA
(323) 726-0303 • www.tascam.com