WHETHER YOU’RE a Reggie Watts wannabe of improvisational beatboxing/singing talents or just a songwriter humming out ideas, TC-Helicon’s VoiceJam Studio for iPad (www.voicejamstudio.com; $19.99 at iTunes) combines a 4-track looping workstation with professional vocal and voice-transforming effects so you can quickly construct and/or perform vocal compositions. Publish a full audio/video performance to the Internet in a matter of minutes by following these steps:
1. Start the performance recorder to record your singing, everything you do with your recorded loops, a video of what you do on the screen, a video from the iPad’s front-facing camera (optional), and any AudioBus app track you want to input in place of the metronome.
2. Select from 50 excellent vocal effects settings, and record loops up to eight minutes long into the four available tracks. Each track can have four overdub layers, with undo/redo for the overdubbed recordings.
3. Create spontaneous arrangements with the track Play/Stop buttons, the master All Play/All Stop buttons, and Oneshot and Scrub launch modes, which let you launch audio loops from anywhere within their waveforms.
4. Mix the tracks using their level, pan, filter, and Q (resonance) knobs. Tap the knobs once to begin automated knob sweeps.
5. Stop and save the recording. You can also save the VoiceJam Studio session for future recall. You can post saved performances directly to YouTube, SoundCloud, or your device’s Camera Roll.