Cost for the one-day workshop is $40 for AES members, $50 for non-members and $30 for students. Course materials, a buffet lunch and validated parking are included with registration. Participation is limited to 100 attendees.
Who should attend?
- Musicians that need somewhere private to record their sessions
- Engineers and producers planning to build a dedicated project studio
- Music/dialog editors looking to design a personal-use post facility
- Voice-over artists who prefer to work off-line
The Technical Workshop’s six technical presentations will cover various aspects of constructing and outfitting a home/project studio, and integrating the production hardware.
Morning Sessions will focus on:
- THE ENVIRONMENT - Acoustic design & soundproofing
- THE “GOES-INTAS” - Mics, Pre-amps and Converters
- THE “GOES-OUTAS” - Amps, Monitors and Processors
Afternoon Sessions will consider:
- DAW CHOICES I - Hardware Platforms & Interconnects
- DAW CHOICES II - Software Applications and Plug-Ins
- CASE EXAMPLES - Three Practical Experiences
The program also includes interactive Question & Answer sessions.
Full details from www.aes.org/sections/la.