The Avedis Zildjian Company announces that it will celebrate its 390th Anniversary in 2013. The Zildjian Company is the oldest music company in the world and the oldest family business in America. The Company was founded in 1623 by Avedis Zildjian I, an alchemist who made cymbals during the Ottoman Era at the Topaki Palace in Istanbul, Turkey. In addition to making cymbals for the sultan’s janissary band, Avedis established his own cymbal making business. In 1929, the Company was relocated to the United States by Avedis III. Today, the Company is managed by the 14th generation of Zildjians.
In honor of its anniversary, the Zildjian Company will have a special display at the 2013 Winter NAMM Show that celebrates some of the greatest recordings of all time featuring Zildjian cymbals played by generations of legendary artists and bands. The list includes:
• KIND OF BLUE – Miles Davis – Jimmy Cobb – 1959
• PET SOUNDS – The Beach Boys – Hal Blaine / Earl Palmer - 1966
• SGT. PEPPER’S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND – The Beatles – Ringo Starr 1967
• ARE YOU EXPERIENCED? – Jimi Hendrix – Mitch Mitchell - 1967
• MOONDANCE – Van Morrison – Gary Mallaber – 1970
• CHICAGO VI – Chicago – Danny Seraphine – 1973
• TOYS IN THE ATTIC - Aerosmith – Joey Kramer – 1975
In addition to this special anniversary display, Zildjian will announce social media, web, and trade contests and promotions throughout 2013 to celebrate the occasion.