A stunning exotic wood finish and unique active circuitry make the Woodpecker one of the most interesting and beautiful ribbon microphones you’ll ever lay eyes or ears on. Beneath the luxurious exterior, the Woodpecker is a precision-crafted recording tool, combining the low noise and superb detail of Blue’s renowned Class-A discrete handmade electronics with the bold sound of a handmade aluminum ribbon pressure-gradient transducer.
The Woodpecker was designed to provide the smooth, intimate sound associated with the most sought-after (and expensive) vintage ribbon microphones. With its focused mid-range, and outstanding bass response, the Woodpecker captures the essence of any recorded sound. It also excels at ambient recording, capturing room tone with the most intimate detail – whether for rock drums, guitars or vocals – any application where some natural space in the recording is desired. The Woodpecker package includes a custom made, solid brass shockmount and wood storage box.
• Acoustical Operating Principal: Pressure Gradient
• Directional Pattern: figure 8, bidirectional
• Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
• Sensitivity (1kHz into 2.5k ohm): 26mV/Pa
• Rated Impedance: 50 ohm
• Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1k ohm
• Noise Level A-weighted (IEC 651): Not more than 22dB
• Max Output (1% THD into 2.5k ohm): 10dBU = 2.5V
• Max SPL (0.5% THD into 2.5k ohm): 136dB
• Dynamic Range (2.5k ohm load): 114dB
• Supply Voltage (IEC 268-15): +48V phantom power (+35V min.)
• Current Draw (typical ai +48V): 2.4mA
• Weight: 1.6lbs
Availability: Q1, 2007 NAMM booth: Hall A, Booth 6220
Please visit www.bluemic.com for more information.
About Blue Microphones
Blue was founded in 1995 and has grown from a desire to create a few hand-built microphones for fellow musicians into a unique, multi-faceted audio company with a prestigious line of award-winning microphones and accessories. Headquartered in Westlake Village, California, and with engineering and manufacturing facilities in Latvia, Blue Microphones continues to grow and lead the way with cutting-edge design and technological innovation in the field of recording.