Tonsturm’s new Traveler is a high-spec processor that recreates the Doppler effect in plug-in form.
Using Traveler’s graphical path editor, you can determine a sound’s virtual movement, and with Duration, Length and Speed parameters, you can customize exactly how it moves in seconds, frames, miles, meters, beats and other units of measurement.
As well as live processing, Traveler also has a fully-functioning granular sampler, letting you change the Pitch, Size, Density, Pan, Position and Jitter of sample playback.
On the right-hand side, you find physical propagation parameters (Air absorption, Attenuation, Doppler Pitch, Damping…) and five full effects (Tremolo, Delay, Distortion, EQ and Compression). Besides that control over the sonic soundscape, Traveler also has four custom shapeable LFOs to assign to the sampler and effects controls too.
$179 introductory price until August 1, 2018 ($229 thereafter).
- Graphical Path Editor for very detailed editing of virtual movement
- Set Duration, Length and Speed in seconds, frames, bars and beats, meters, miles per hour and more (metric and imperial measurements available)
- 76 Samples and 85 Movement Presets for common tasks and starting points
- Link two of the Speed, Length and Duration controls to change while the third remains locked
- Sampler allows for one-shot, looping or granular playback
- Advanced sampling controls include pitchshifting, panning, positioning and jitter
- Model physical propagation parameters such as air absorption, stereo width and path curvature
- Tremolo, Delay, Distortion, EQ and Compression effects
- Normalization and Master Volume controls finish off the sound-design experience
- Drag and drop your sounds or record them in live through your DAW
- Enhanced Pro Tools Audio Suite functionality
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECS
Mac OS X (64-bit only): VST, AU, AAX
Windows version available soon.
Tonsturm was founded by Tilman Hahn and Emil Klotzsch. We release royalty-free, high-quality software and sound effect libraries for sound designers for films, games, and arts
This is Tonsturm´s first VST/AU/AAX plug-in release, and more are planned for the future.