1) Select Edit Waveform view.
2) Load a short percussive file (timbale, clave, and so on). Select it as a region; this becomes a quarter note that will be used as the basis of the music.
3) Click on the Effects tab, open the Special menu, and double-click on Music.
4) Drag notes on to the staff to create the phrase you want.
5) Specify other variables as desired (Tempo, Transposition, and so on).
6) Click the Listen button, which previews the melody using a default MIDI sound.
7) Click on OK, and the single hit is rendered as the melodic line you created.