Console 2 for Apollo FireWire Interfaces also Included in UAD Software v9.0
Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is pleased to announce Thunderbolt compatibility for Windows 10 users and Console 2 for Apollo FireWire users as part of UAD Software v9.0*.
Now, Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8 (DUO and QUAD), Apollo 8p, Apollo 16, and Apollo FireWire audio interfaces, as well as UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt devices can all be connected to Windows 10 computers that include a Thunderbolt 3 connection (qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter required).
Also released in UAD Software v9.0 is Console 2 for Apollo and Apollo 16 FireWire interfaces. With improved functionality over the original Console app, Console 2 gives Apollo FireWire users a host of new features, including drag-and-drop plug-in arranging and custom channel strip settings designed by top producers and engineers including Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead), Dave Isaac (Prince, Eric Clapton), Jeff Balding (Taylor Swift, Megadeth), and more.
Thunderbolt Compatibility for Windows 10 Systems — Key Features
- All Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo and UAD-2 devices now available to Windows 10 users with Thunderbolt 3 PCs
- Allows current PC-based Apollo and Apollo 16 FireWire users to upgrade their rigs to Thunderbolt speed and stability with UA's Thunderbolt Option Card
- Compatible with Windows 10 64-bit only
- PCs must be equipped with Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C
Console 2 for Apollo FireWire — Key Features
- High resolution resizable software interface for all Apollo models
- Channel Strip presets lets users see, save, and recall UAD plug-in chains
- New UAD plug-in categories and individual Show/Hide functionality
- Enhanced plug-in features such as preset auditioning and drag & drop functionality
- Per-input Record/Monitor effect switching
- Multi-level Undo and Redo for plug-in assignments and parameters
* For more information about these new features, including full compatibility specs, please visit help.uaudio.com.
Learn more about UAD Software v9.0 here:
Learn more about the Apollo audio interface here:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.
©2016 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, “Apollo,” “Apollo Twin,” “UAD,” “Powered Plug-Ins,” and “UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.