"The Precision Maximizer is what we call a 'Dynamic Impact Processor' and is a real "secret-weapon" addition to our Precision mastering product-line. It intelligently blends UA's tube saturation and multi-band know-how into a versatile mix enhancement tool that injects loudness, punch and perceptible energy into a mix without destroying its dynamics." said Mike Barnes, VP of Marketing for Universal Audio. "Our Precision De-Esser is a dynamic sibilance processor which is able to seamlessly remove sibilance with its sophisticated, yet transparent filter design. With both these plugs, we looked hard at the features and audio quality of existing tools out there, and were able to design-in better usability and improve both sonic quality and versatility while extending the UAD platform to live up to its claim as the ultimate mixing and mastering DSP solution."
Key Precision Maximizer Features include:
* Maximizes perceived mix volume with minimal gain or dynamic range change
* Enhances perceived impact, warmth, energy and presence of a mix
* Easy-to-use interface:
* "Effect" controls perceived loudness while "Shape" contours harmonic content (subtle to saturated
* "Single" or "3-Band" select and "Limit," allow advanced sonic control for the widest range of program material
* Input /Output controls with metering allow easy integration with other mastering plugs
Key Precision De-Esser Features include:
* Dynamic Sibilance Processor for individual tracks, busses or master fader
* Modern band pass or traditional high pass de-essing for maximum flexibility
* Split mode minimizes unwanted artifacts such as darkening or lisping
* Dual-speed time constant and wide frequency range for vocals to overheads
About the UAD DSP Card
At the heart of every UAD DSP Card & Powered Plug-Ins package is the revolutionary UAD DSP card. Because of its high resolution, floating-point processing, ultra high-speed memory and hardware dithering, the UAD delivers outstanding high-headroom sound quality at sample rates from 32 to 192khz. Unlike other DSP cards, the UAD uses a single, unpartitioned vector processor, allowing for larger and more sophisticated plug-in algorithms offering a new level of power and complexity not found with host-based plug-ins. By greatly reducing the burden on the computer's CPU, the host application can now deliver more tracks, automation and native effects.