SCOTTS VALLEY, CA –— Universal Audio, a manufacturer of high-quality audio recording hardware and software plug-ins for digital audio workstations, announced the release of the Trident A-Range Classic Console EQ Powered Plug-In for their popular line of UAD-1 and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Cards for Mac and PC.
The original Trident A-Range desk holds near-mythic status in the professional recording industry, and is arguably the best loved of the classic Trident console designs. The unique band interactions of its colorful EQ section have made an indelible impact on the sound of record making. During the “Golden Years” of rock, the A-Range was employed to record some truly great records by artists such as David Bowie, Lou Reed and Queen, to name just a few.
“Of all the companies that could possibly do this job, Universal Audio would do the best job,” stated Trident Audio Developments founder and A-Range designer Malcolm Toft.
Available for purchase via UA''s Online Store for $249, the Trident A-Range Classic Console EQ Powered Plug-In features include:
• 4-band active EQ modeled from one of only 13 original Trident A-Range desks
• Licensed and endorsed by Trident Audio Developments, created by Universal Audio
• Unique filter response curves modeled to exacting detail
• Inductor-based EQ design yields band interaction between bell and shelving filters
• Unique ability to combine cut filters for unusual filtering responses
• Cosmetics match the original module''s “aubergine” (eggplant) finish “Universal Audio has always had a huge respect for the classic Trident designs. We''re very pleased to add Trident to the UAD product line, and I''m certain that our more than 30,000 users will agree,” commented Universal Audio President Matt Ward.
More information on the Trident A-Range EQ Powered Plug-In can be found at the following links. Product Info: http://www.uaudio.com/products/software/trident-a-range/
Video Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/user/UniversalAudio#p/u/1/Bo8Vhzxau4s
The Trident A-Range Classic Console EQ Powered Plug-In is available as part of the new UAD software version 5.5.0 release. In addition to the Trident A-Range EQ plug-in, version 5.5.0 includes a Mellowmuse ATA RTAS plug-in update to v1.4, performance enhancements for Mac users and ‘Higher Performance'' graphics mode functionality for the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop on newer MacBook Pro models.
UAD Software version 5.5.0 is available for FREE download by users worldwide at
About Universal Audio Inc. Founded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr. and based in Scotts Valley, California, Universal Audio is best known for its vintage analog reproductions and advanced Digital Signal Processing technology, including the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform. The company is focused on merging the best of classic analog and modern digital technology. UA is devoted to this endeavor, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com