Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v7.11, featuring three new Direct Developer plug-ins — the Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite, Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor, and the Massenburg DesignWorks® MDWEQ5 plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite Plug-In — $299
Developed by Brainworx, the Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite Plug-In is an obsessive emulation of the Vertigo Sound VSM-2, beloved by mixing and mastering engineers for its bounty of colorful saturation flavors. The VSM-3 offers innovative controls for expertly targeted harmonic generation, as well as plug-in-only features such as the THD Mixer's Harmonic Balance control and the ability to run the unit’s two harmonic generators simultaneously — either in parallel or series — giving the user even more tweakability than the original hardware.
- Two sophisticated coloration generators recreated from the Vertigo VSM-2 hardware and authenticated by Vertigo Sound
- 2nd Harmonic FET Crusher for warm saturation or distortion
- 3rd Harmonic Zener Blender for bright, clear, saturation or distortion
- Crusher and Blender can each be applied to specific signal frequency ranges and then further filtered using the Shape control
- M/S decoding and encoding for each circuit allows processing of entire stereo signal, or Mid or Side stereo channels
Vertigo Sound’s VSC-2 Compressor Plug-In — $299
The Vertigo VSC-2 Quad Discrete VCA Compressor was Vertigo Sound’s very first product, putting the German company on the map with its genius juxtaposition of vintage sonics and high-tech design. Developed by Brainworx, the Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor Plug-In for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces is an exhaustive emulation of this modern classic — right down to its four hand-built discrete VCAs — delivering legendary compression textures with a modern signal path and controls.
- Faithful recreation of the Vertigo VSC-2's all-discrete VCA compressor circuitry, authenticated by Vertigo Sound
- Provides the rich tonal characteristics of classic compressors with modern mastering-grade audio specifications
- Soft mode for a threshold-related ratio that automatically increases with higher input signal
- Brick mode to operate the VSC-2 as a limiter, effectively cutting off signal peaks
Massenburg DesignWorks® MDWEQ5 EQ Plug-In — $299
A unique, ultra-powerful equalizer, the Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 plug-in provides crystal clear processing at the highest resolutions. A go-to EQ for music, as well as game developers and engineers in film and television, the MDWEQ5 plug-in is accurate, precise, and ear-tuned by the man who invented the term “parametric EQ,” George Massenburg.
- Created by George Massenburg, the pioneer of parametric equalization
- IsoPeak® function for finding problem frequencies quickly and accurately
- Maximum bit-depth processing with zero coloration and distortion
- Includes two plug-ins; the 5-band MDWEQ5 EQ and 3-band MDWEQ3 EQ
>Download UAD Software v7.11 here.
Learn more about the Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite plug-in here:
Learn more about the Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor plug-in here:
Learn more about the Massenburg DesignWorks® MDWEQ5 plug-in here:
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces here:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.