Universal Audio is proud to announce the release of UAD Software v8.0 for UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo audio interfaces.
UAD Software v8.0 includes Apollo Expanded, allowing users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, Apollo QUAD, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces to freely combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows.
Apollo Expanded also marks the introduction of Console 2.0 software, giving Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo users dynamic new workflow options with more than 25 new user-requested features. Console 2.0 will also be coming to Apollo FireWire interfaces (Mac and Windows) in Fall 2015.
Apollo Expanded — Key Features
- “Mix and Match” up to four Apollos (any model) over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Simple Thunderbolt cable cascading between units
- Combine up to six UAD-2 devices per system
- New Console 2.0 — High-resolution 64-bit software interface for Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos with over 25 new user-requested features
- New Flex Driver lets users customize Core Audio I/O — name, save, and share presets for different hardware setups and DAWs
- Star clocking over Thunderbolt distributes high-quality clock to all Apollos
- Add an Apollo Twin for desktop monitor control as well as additional DSP and connectivity
New UAD Powered Plug-Ins
UAD Software v8.0 also adds Mac OS X Yosemite compatibility and all-new plug-in categories to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform:
- Record your acoustic guitar direct, in real time with microphone quality sound using Apollo Twin, DUO, or QUAD
- Provides the rich resonance and vibrancy missing from unprocessed acoustic guitar pickups
- No time-consuming setup; provides consistent premium sound every time you monitor or record acoustic guitar
- Freedom to re-mic as you mix, changing and adding microphones as needed to fit your production
- Features the legendary Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808 (also sold separately for $129), Raw Distortion™ (based on the vintage early-80s Pro Co Rat), and Bermuda Triangle (based on the early 70s-era Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi) plug-ins*
- Harnesses Unison™ technology to precisely emulate the circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points of the original stompboxes
- Faithful emulation of two modern boutique amps inspired by classic British tube amps, designed by legendary amp guru David Friedman
- FX Rack features lo-fi delay, noise gate, and filter controls
- 66 impulse responses for each amp, with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art room with stellar gear
- Re-amp less than perfect DI guitar tracks, previously recorded with other guitar amp simulations
- Developed by Brainworx exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo audio interfaces
Download UAD Software v8.0 here:
Watch the Console 2.0 video here:
Watch the Wood Works video here:
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.