Upcoming UAD Software v8.5 will include Marshall JMP 2203 Guitar Amplifier,
Oxford Envolution, and bx_digital V3 EQ plug-ins
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • January 21, 2016 — Universal Audio is pleased to announce three new direct developer plug-ins for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces — the Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Collection, Sonnox Oxford Envolution, and the exclusive Marshall JMP 2203 guitar amplifier. All three plug-ins will be released as part of UAD Software v8.5 in early February 2016.
Marshall® JMP 2203 Guitar Amplifier Plug-In — $199
[Upgrade for owners of any UAD Marshall plug-in — $149]
Developed by Softube exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces, the Marshall JMP 2203 plug-in is an expert emulation of the legendary ultra-flexible 100-watt amplifier used by everyone from Iron Maiden and Slayer, to Jeff Beck and My Bloody Valentine. All Marshall plug-ins include UA’s Unison™ technology; Apollo user’s guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they’re plugged into a vintage Marshall amp — a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces. *
Introduced in 1975, the JMP 2203 is widely regarded as one of Marshall’s premier amplifier designs. The amp quickly caught on with players of all stripes with its abundance of dense crunch and power.
Marshall JMP 2203 Plug-In Key Features:
- The world’s only authentic and licensed plug-in emulation of the classic Marshall JMP 2203 amplifier
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original JMP 2203
- Five essential virtual microphone options
- Over 50 presets designed by legendary AC/DC engineer Tony Platt
Sonnox Oxford Envolution — $249
Developed by Sonnox, the Oxford Envolution is a frequency-dependent envelope shaper that can add presence/distance to drums, piano, guitar, and any other percussive content. With separate transient and sustain sections, the Envolution can radically modify the sound of sources, boosting sustain for added ambience or cutting it for quick, precise gating.
Providing a balance between flexibility and ease of use, the Envolution offers greater control of presence in a mix than an EQ or compressor, and it can also be used to generate negative ratio compression effects.
Sonnox Oxford Envolution Plug-In Key Features:
- Comprehensive control of key shaping parameters including attack, hold, and release
- Separate and frequency dependent control of transients and sustain
- Tilt/parametric targeting of frequencies
- Huge gain ranges: Transients ±24 dB; Sustain -48 dB to +24 dB
- Warmth control for harmonic saturation/tone shaping
Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Plug-In Collection — $299
[Upgrade for UAD bx_digital V2 plug-in owners — $49]
The Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Collection is a dramatic reimagining of the popular bx_digital V2 EQ plug-in — a state-of-the-art mastering EQ and M/S (mid/side) processor and indispensable tool for many of the world's top mixing, mastering, and post-production engineers.
The bx_digital V3 EQ adds a Dynamic EQ section, radically updated filters, and a new proportional Q mode to the already powerful M/S capabilities of the plug-in. New user-friendly features also include Gain Scale and three tones of focus for the onboard Bass and Presence ‘Shifters’.
Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Plug-In Collection Key Features:
- Precise Mid/Side mastering processor and EQ with expanded feature set
- Comprehensive controls for stereo and Mid / Side panorama, levels, and stereo width
- EQ features extended frequency range, proportional Q bandwidth, and Auto-solo function for critical listening applications
- Revamped Dynamic EQ/De-esser section
- Gain Scale feature for artifact-free alternative to Dry / Wet processing
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces here:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
* Variable impedance not available on original silver Apollo DUO and QUAD rackmount interfaces or Apollo FireWire.
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.
©2016 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, “Apollo,” “Apollo Twin,” “UAD,” “Powered Plug-Ins,” and “UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.