1. If the Automation Toolbar isn’t visible, go View > Toolbars and check Automation. Click Close, and the Automation Toolbar appears.
2. Arm automation for parameters you want included in the snapshot (right-click on the parameter and choose “Arm for Automation”). They become outlined in red. Adjust each parameter as desired.
3. Place the Now time where you want the automation snapshot.
4. Click on the Automation toolbar’s camera (“snapshot”) button. Do not click on the Record Automation button, which is used for dynamic automation.
5. Sonar now places a node that corresponds to the parameter value on each automation envelope (nodes are outlined in yellow for clarity). If there is no envelope, Sonar creates one. Repeat steps 2-5 until you’ve added all desired automation moves.
6. To disarm the armed tracks, click the button to the right of the Snapshot button. Or, click on the Auto button toward the bottom of the screen.