WaveDNA introduces Liquid Rhythm 1.4.4, which features a number of major improvements and fixes. Among these are direct support with the iConPad controller, Livid Instruments Base II, and the new VST 3.0 API. Version 1.4.4 also includes extended support for Bitwig Studio, FL Studio, and SONAR Platinum.
- Support of VST 3.0 API in addition to VST 2.0
- Support for Livid Base 2
- Direct support for iConPad hardware controller (built-in factory MIDI mapping presets)
- Support for Bitwig Studio
- Support for FL Studio (Windows only)
- Support for Sonar Platinum (Windows only)
- Loop region and playhead sync are fixed
- Fixed fatal Bitwig crash after closing LR
- General VST stability improvements to the base code
- Loading a MIDI Mapping file into Standalone could cause a crash. The table that showed the current MIDI mapping was inefficiently accessing the data while the load was occurring.
- Using the MIDI Mapping-specific Shift Beat Sequencer MIDI controls could cause a crash. Also, the UI update after they function would linger, and not update the borders around themselves.
- The Rename MIDI device would occur visually in the MIDI Mapping table, but wouldn’t actually allow the use of the device in that rename mode immediately (without a restart of Liquid Rhythm). This has been fixed, rename devices are immediately usable.
- MIDI note timing issues for VST in Studio One 2 (OS X).
- Audio issues when deactivating the Liquid Rhythm plugin in Studio One 2 and Cubase 7.5 (OS X only).
- Repaired the code signature for Windows so it is not blocked by anti-virus systems.
- Repaired Lemur MIDI mapping problems.
Known Issues and Limitations
- Using a MIDI Mapping file created on a different operating system would lead to crashes. For instance, MacOSX has the ‘CMD’ key, and attempting to use that through MIDI mapping on Windows OS would cause a crash. This is specific to MIDI mapping files that has ‘Mappable Commands’ saved within them. They are not cross platform. This will be addressed in a future release.
- Steam users on Windows only: Users are advised to close down Liquid Rhythm before updating and also advised to restart their computer after installing an update.
- Liquid Rhythm Max for Live Clip mode: Windows users may experience repeated crashes while attempting to load the Liquid Rhythm Max patch. Please see this link for help: http://www.wavedna.com/known-issue-max-live-ableton-live-causing-liquid-rhythm-crash/
- Liquid Rhythm Standalone may not launch for Windows 8 users. Right-click on the application and choose “Run as Administrator.”
- Option-clicking on a pattern to audition it (in the BarForm or BeatForm Maps) will not audition if the BeatWeaver is not open.
- Liquid Rhythm Max for Live Clip mode: Moving MIDI tracks around in Live while Liquid Rhythm is open may cause Live to crash.
- Liquid Rhythm Max for Live Clip mode: Moving the Liquid Rhythm Max plugin, or any of its Audition plugins around while Liquid Rhythm is open may cause Live to crash.
- Overdub recording mode is glitchy.
- Real-time MIDI recording has some lag.
- Repeatedly pressing Undo during MIDI record can cause Liquid Rhythm to crash.
- Liquid Rhythm may be unresponsive when computer goes to sleep and wakes.
- MIDI Mapping track-specific controls (such as volume, solo, mute) can be lost after quitting Liquid Rhythm and relaunching.
- No automatic software updates or notifications (yet).