Waves Audio, a leading provider of digital signal processing solutions, is now shipping the Waves eMotion LV1 mixer, a revolutionary live digital mixing console that provides real-time audio mixing for front-of-house, monitor and broadcast engineers. Based on Waves SoundGrid® technology, this software mixer delivers the superior sound quality for which Waves is renowned, as well as the convenience and speed needed in demanding live environments.
eMotion LV1 gives live engineers unprecedented control over their sound. Each of the mixer’s channels has its own plugin rack capable of running up to eight Waves and third-party plugins. This means you can mix live with hundreds of instances of your favorite plugins, all running inside the mixer itself. All plugin presets and chains saved in eMotion LV1 can be shared with the Waves MultiRack and StudioRack plugin hosts, allowing engineers to move seamlessly between live and studio environments.
The mixer’s channel strip — its standard EQ, filters and dynamics processing — is provided by Waves eMo plugins: eMo D5 Dynamics, eMo F2 Filter and eMo Q4 Equalizer. All eMo plugins are designed for maximum clarity and efficiency in a live environment.
eMotion LV1 comes in three configurations: 64, 32 or 16 stereo/mono input channels. The mixer can be controlled by hardware control surfaces and multi-touch devices, ranging from four touchscreens to a single laptop or tablet.
eMotion LV1 uses the SoundGrid infrastructure for audio networking. It can be configured as a portable or stationary setup, and can connect to any SoundGrid-compatible I/O or server. This means that live sound engineers can easily take their mixer with them and run it anytime, anywhere — at home, in a hotel room, on the tour bus, or at the live venue. This way they can have all the time they need to work on their sessions, whether offline or with full-on audio, and make sure they are 100% ready for the show.
- Up to 64 stereo/mono input & 36 stereo buss/return channels
- Run 8 SoundGrid-compatible plugins directly on each channel
- Standard channel processing provided by Waves eMo plugins
- Up to 16 auxes, 8 audio groups (stereo/mono), L/R/C/Mono, 8 matrixes
- 16 DCA faders, 8 mute groups, 8 user-assignable function controls
- 32-bit floating point mix engine; up to 96 kHz sample rate
- Compatible with industry-standard control surfaces
- Connect to diverse SoundGrid I/Os & drivers and to multiple DAWs
- Windows/Mac 64 bit-compatible