Discover new tone shaping possibilities with the signature sound of Grammy®-winning producer/engineer Andrew Scheps (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Adele, Metallica, Jay Z, Black Sabbath, Lana Del Rey).
“This plugin is about attitude, energy and emotion,” Andrew says. “You can find the sound you want, without having to figure out which of the traditional tools will get you there. It is as much an attitude shaper as a tone shaper, so you can focus on how you want your tracks to feel.”
Scheps Parallel Particles captures Andrew’s masterful know-how and experience in the form of four simple-to-use controls, each of which represents one of Andrew’s go-to mixing processes:
- Sub is a harmonic generator that creates lows and adds sub frequencies that were never there before. By working more with resonance than EQ, it’s a great way to create a presence in the low end without things getting out of control.
- Air focuses on those elusive air frequencies and brings them to the forefront. Like Sub, it is a harmonic generator which creates innovative resonances that do not exist in your source. Traditional EQ can sometimes magnify unwanted noise or artifacts; but this control circumvents this issue by synthesizing the top end from existing lower frequency material.
- Bite is designed to create sonic vitality and emotion. It controls the front ends of the notes (those that reach your ear first), but it also has a big impact on the release. It can be used on anything to make your sound more aggressive. A singer will sound more energetic, a snare drum will have more attack, a bass guitar will sound more present, and so on.
- Thick adds solid body to the signal, evening out the lower mids and midrange, creating a feeling similar to that of a microphone being a little bit closer, or the room ambience being darker.
Separately, these controls work in very different ways to shape the vitality of the sound. In combination, they can really let you dig in and make huge changes in a subtle way.
- Created with Grammy®-winning producer/engineer Andrew Scheps
- Four controls that capture Andrew’s four go-to mixing processes
- Achieve profound tone-shaping results quickly and easily
- User-friendly interface
- Parallel processing
Scheps Parallel Particles Plugin – Audio Demos: https://youtu.be/qNbWY6Rg97w
Andrew Scheps in Action: Mixing with the Scheps Parallel Particles Plugin: https://youtu.be/Mo7d1D7tMOg
Behind the Scheps Parallel Particles Plugin with Mixing Engineer Andrew Scheps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZFNt0oVvkg