Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc., a subsidiary of the Yamaha Corporation, announced the launch of NoteStar, Yamaha's iPad app designed to provide keyboard players with the experience of playing their favorite songs with a real band. The app provides smooth flowing, easy-to-read sheet music, accompanied by real backing bands and vocals. The app is a free download from the App Store and each song sells for $3.99 USD. The app is available immediately in 29 countries including the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
The project is the initiative of the YMH Digital Music Publishing Company, a partnership between the Yamaha Corporation, Hal Leonard Corporation and The Music Sales Group. Yamaha led the development effort and licensed sheet music-rendering technology from the music technology company, Noteflight, LLC.
The app features:
- Hands-free, smooth flowing and easy-to-read transcriptions of keyboard sheet music
- Professionally recorded audio backing tracks synchronized with sheet music
- Automatic sheet music display and cursor positioning that is synchronized with the audio
- Playback control features including A-B looping, track muting and metronome on/off
- Several note size options with automatic sheet music resizing
- Option to play songs in different key signatures
- Option to play at half and three quarter speed without changing the pitch
- Displays in both portrait and landscape orientations
- A catalog of chart-topping hits and all-time favorites hand-picked for keyboard players
"The way consumers are enjoying and playing music is changing, and the introduction of NoteStar acknowledges that our customers are looking for innovative ways to learn and perform music," said Tak Nakata, Senior Executive Officer at the Yamaha Corporation. "This app allows users to not only learn their favorite songs, but also to get the full experience and sound of playing the keyboard with a professional backing band."
"Yamaha is an innovator in the keyboard industry, and we're thrilled to partner with them," said Joe Berkovitz, President at Noteflight. "NoteStar leverages what's best from all the companies that have participated in building the app, bringing a new way of reading and playing to Yamaha customers across the world. I anticipate even more from our partnership, as many more exciting products await us."
For more information, please visit:http://notestarapp.com/.
To download the app on the App Store, please visit: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/notestar/id474599224?ls=1&mt=8.